Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 3 Weight in - Medifast

Had a lovely weekend and did lose 2.6 pounds last week.  I feel like I am in a good rhythm and look forward to keeping up the momentum! My total is right at 10 lbs for 3 weeks! 

Still finding the plan pretty easy and have not had any big moments of weakness. 

This Thursday, however, the story gets more interesting.  I am leaving for a week long vacation to San Francisco with my sweetie.  Roaming a beautiful foreign city known for its food and wine is going to be a real challenge.  I have been planning how I would manage this while staying on program.  There will be at least one meal that I can eat out.  The rest of the day will be bringing food with me and hopefully still enjoying being out and about with my sweetie and not seeming awkward.  The last thing I want is for him to feel bad about needing to eat out every meal while I cannot.  But...I also do not want to be tempted all the time. 

So that is the deal.  I am trying to remind myself that staying on plan is not just about backtracking.  It also will negatively impact how I feel on the trip and possible create bathroom issues...who wants that!  To prep I have ordered a ton of MF food, an electric kettle, and have learned that I can stomach most of the meals without any added flavor.  No need to enjoy the food...just need to get it down :)

Food, kettle, cleaning stuff, thermos food jar, etc is going to take up half my luggage!  The good news is that I can fill it with shopping finds on the way home :)

Off to make a delicious shake.

1 comment:

Synister Yet Noble said...

You can do it!!!!

Have fun on your trip!