Friday, June 22, 2012

40 lbs gone since Jan 2012

We are at the mid-year mark and so far I am down 40 lbs!  Put that with the 15 or so I lost they year prior and I am doing pretty well!  I found a pic from 2009 where I weighed 270.  Also featured is a picture of me this week wearing a skirt for the first time in ....well....maybe 7 years. 
6 months and 40 pounds later...
You know how some women think they look fatter than they really do?  Well...I have the opposite disorder...I think I am much thinner and cuter than I really am.  Part of that illusion is to not look in a mirror from the shoulders down ... and never look at pictures of myself. When I look down at myself in the morning I see the same lumps and bumps that I did 40 lbs ago...but after seeing these pictures of myself, I finally see less of me!

There are my cheek bones...a waist ... and thank god a better bra! Buried in my closet were boxes of cute tops and skirts, 10s of skirts, dear god...why do I have so many skirts?  I guess when I lost a lot of weight in 2003/2004 I went out and bought every cute skirt I could find.  Anyway, only 2 of the skirts fit now, but there are a few 24's that are close ... and many 22's and 20's waiting for attention.  They are waiting patiently in my closet for the rest of the summer.

Off to have another Medifast meal...I am late tonight!

4 comments:

Synister Yet Noble said...

You are doing great. And that is one awesome skirt. Looks fabulous!

E's Kitchen said...

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi... I haven't checked in with you in a very long time, and I am AMAZED and so proud of your progress!!! Oh, and jealous. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this weight loss thing. Found out I'm hypothyroid and I was all excited that I'd lose weight immediately on the medication, but no. You're MUCH cuter and thinner than even you think you are!! Keep it up.

Kelly! said...

Ahhhh you look AMAZING#!! Congrats keep it up!!