Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mmm Mmm Good!

Tonight I decided to make one of my favorite soups, Greek Lemon Chicken soup.  Soo good and soo filling!

It is a stupid easy recipe:
  • Chicken Stock (i use natural low sodium)
  • 1/3 cup of orzo
  • chicken breast meat
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbs lemon juice
  • season to taste
Very basic and  good.  Just boil the stock, add the orzo and cook for 7 minutes.  Add the chicken, boil for 5 mins until cooked.  Beat 2 eggs and lemon juice in a bowl, temper with the stock while continuing to beat.  Add the egg mixture slowly to the soup and mix very well.  I slowly bring it to a low boil, then reduce the temp and let cook for another 5 or so minutes, stirring frequently.

That is it. I calculated it to be 6 points per serving, making 4 servings per batch.  Probably 1.25 cups a serving.

Of course I had 2 bowls tonight and split the rest for meals tomorrow and this weekend. 

This has been a long work week and my face is physically tired.  Looking forward to my weekend and of course my next WI on Sunday!

No comments: