Monday, December 1, 2008

Back to reality

All in all not a bad day, I am just grumpy to be going back to work after a glorious 5 days of consecutive lounging! 3 1/2 weeks until Christmas vacation ... another 5 or 6 days of glorious lounging. Sigh.

Lets see... went to the gym for the first time in a week (I am bad, I know). It felt good, which is refreshing. I eeked out 22 mins on the elliptical, which is a new best for me. The weight loss program is a killer ... so to make it 22 mins was nice. Thank god the lady working at the gym is a General Hospital fan, that makes it easier to get absorbed and forget that I am killing myself. Tomorrow the plan is to get up a bit earlier and try the workout DVD with the weights.

Not sure if I have mentioned it in this blog, but I am going to Hawaii in early January. One of MY motivating factors for this diet is the thought of squeezing into my plane seat for 9-10 hours. Right now I figure I am near the same size as when I flew to Italy on 2007 ... but this time I won't have a friend next to me (and the arm raised). While Googling the size of airline seats I ran across this message board post regarding people of size taking up too much room on the subway or plane. Yuck. I don't travel very much via plane ... and the airline seat causes me much anxiety. I dont want to infringe on anyone elses personal space and make them uncomfortable...nor do want to spend 10 hours fretting over it. I accept the fact that I will not be comfortable, but I will feel bad if I make someone else uncomfortable as well. Hopefully losing a few more pounds before the flight AND a steady supply of Xanax will help!

Thats all for now.

PS my SenseWear can not get here fast enough. Apparently it has shipped , though I have no tracking ID. I feel sorry for my office manager, Pam, because I will be stalking her all week :)

No comments: