Wednesday, November 26, 2008

3 weeks in , 10 LBS down!!!!

Happy Holidays!

I am sooo excited to report that I am well on my way to reaching my goal of losing 20-25 lbs before I jet off to Hawaii. As of today, i am 10 lbs lighter than I was 3 weeks ago. Of course the true test is about to begin with the official Holiday eating season.

So far I have kept to my HMR Diet Program foods, no cheating. It honestly has not been very hard for me to keep to the diet. My true test is today and tomorrow. I am hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for our families, 10 people crammed into my modest condo.

My Guests Dinner Menu:

16 lb Turkey
Grandma's Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Peas
Cranberry
Yeast Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

Allison's Dinner Menu:

An Entree or two
Peas
Vanilla - Spice Shake
Chocolate Pudding for dessert

That's about it. I am preparing for the out of town company who are not familiar with my new meal plan to hit me up with a ton of questions, and letting me know that its okay to eat for this special occasion. I know that it is NOT okay. After doing so well going "cold turkey" with eating non HMR foods, it would be very challenging for me to mentally get over one slip. Perhaps its like giving an alcoholic just one little drink....

Speaking of alcohol...I miss wine! Okay, I just had to say it.

Have a great Holiday for anyone reading. I am off to manic clean, grocery shop, and bake those damned pies!

No comments: