Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One small step...

It is a little late to reflect on my weekend, but when I think back, I realize...wow, for the first time in recent memory, I accomplished something!  Nothing wild and crazy ... didn't run a mile or serve my community, but I do feel like I served myself (and no, not ice cream)!

To make a long story short, in September of 2009 my home, along with many others in my community, was flooded.  As a result we (my boyfriend and 3 kitty babies) lived with my wonderful Grandmother. The reason I bring it up is that we were finally able move back May of 2010.  The reconstruction and furnishing of the condo seemed like an eternity and I was sooooo anxious to get back home. Since moving back in I have done very little to get back to normal.  There are still countless boxes in storage, no pictures on the wall ... everything has just felt unfinished.  Perhaps I just haven't had the energy or perhaps something deeper, but this past weekend I actually took charge and marked a few things off my very large list.  Probably the biggest thing was FINALLY putting away all of my holiday decorations.  That was good (obviously)...but the thing that gave me the largest sense of accomplishment was hanging the artwork on the walls.  

It is small, yet it symbolizes that perhaps I am actually giving enough of a crap about myself and my space to do something positive!  Just a start, still tons to do, but it feels doable now, so yay.

Anyway ... that was actually a long story not so short :)

Diet wise all is well.  Twenty-four days down ... many many more to go! 

That is all for now, just wanted to share. 

No comments: