Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feeling the love again - Day 6

It's been a good day!  Noticing a trend during this first week...I seem to be stuggling about everyother day.  The good news is that each day I have struggled, I have not veered from the plan.  So, I would consider that all a great success.  With everything, it generally takes a couple weeks to get into a routine and for it to become easier. I am sure it gets easier ... I've been down this road several times!

People are asking me why I chose this time of year to start this diet.  That is a darn good question!  Partially due to the complete gluttany of the last couple of months and not wanting to continue down that path for another month.  I think the other part of me is trying test myself.  In my mind I must not be serious unless I am willing to drop everything and begin.  So that is why I decided now to get started.

Today I joined (rejoined) the gym by my office.  I already have an LA Fitness membership ...so that makes 2 gyms that I potentially won't regularly go to :)  I kid, I kid.   I keep the LA Fit because I keep thinking I will start to swim laps again...or might want to go on the weekends.  I haven't had the heart to actually cancel the membership because that feels like giving up.  Seems stupid when i realize the number of years I have had the membership and my bouts of not going.  In any case, I do enjoy the small gym by the office.  I can use the equipment before/during/after work and have a nice place to shower , change ... oh and they do my laundry. I dont even have to wash my gym clothes.  Sweet.

I ordered a few workout items from JMS.com...bike shorts and t-shirts.  Bike shorts are our friends people, especially when you have my thighs :) 

That's all for now.  If there is any justice in the world, I will not walk into my grandmothers house tonight and get smacked in the face with the scent of freshly baked cookies!

No comments: